Wednesday 23 January 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick & Chubby Stick Intense


Clinique Chubby Stick and Chubby Stick Intense - RRP £16.00 (link)

A couple of days ago I posted a review on Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains that can be found in this post here (link), and in this post I talked about how these balm stains were very similar to Clinique's Chubby Stick but I preferred Clinique's version despite the shocking price difference. These Chubby Sticks are expensive, but with a high price tag comes high quality and I feel like they are worth it. 

There are two varieties of the adorably named 'Chubby Sticks'; the original, and the 'Intense' version, and there is quite a big difference between the two. I received my original version (sample size, that's why it is smaller) as a 'gift with purchase' during Clinique's Bonus Time back in October and received the shade 'Mega Melon', a very natural and wearable shade. The colour pay off is extremely sheer and not very long lasting but it just adds a glossy wash of colour over the lips in a smoothing and nourishing form. These are in effect nothing more than a tinted lip balm in a cute, pencil form. 

The Intense version, however, was one that I knew I just had to have as soon as they were released, priced also at £16.00 but these are much more worth the high price tag. As the name suggests the colour of these is a lot more intense and they are very highly pigmented. The formula is the same and is moisturising and shiny but gives a very hibrant hit of colour that stains the lips and lasts for hours; much more impressive than the original version that does not last more than half an hour before needing to be topped up. It is the Chubby Stick Intenses that are comparable to Revlon's Balm Stains in both the packaging and the way that they are soft and smooth on the lips with a highly pigmented and long lasting stain left behind, the price tag is quite different however - £16.00 v £7.99 - eek!

It is of course all down to personal preference which one of these is for you though; if you're looking for an extremely sheer and not so long lasting colour in a moisturising balm form then the Chubby Stick is for you (£16.00), if you're looking for a brighter and bolder, longer lasting 'stain' in the same moisturising formula then the Chubby Stick Intense might be up your street (£16.00), and if you're on a budget and after a similar product but only slightly less luxurious and without the high end name plastered all over it then hop off down to Boots and pick up a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (£7.99) as these are currently on offer for just£5!


 What are your views on Chubby Sticks v Chubby Stick Intense v Revlon Balm Stains?

7 comments:

  1. i love the revlon balm stains, i think these are a bit out of my price range, and the revlon ones do the job well for me. gorgeous colours though!xx

    vintage teapot//fashion, beauty & Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Clinique's Chubby Sticks. They are way better than the Revlon Lip Balms and I'm really glad I decided to buy them. I now really want to try the intense versions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really need to try one! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chubby stick is actually my favourite! Great post

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try one of these, they sound amazing! xxx

    http://sophiesbeautycorner.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and I love it! Please have a look at mine!

    http://vivalashoes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for a Clinique Chubby Stick review all over! Thank you so much for reviewing it :)
    I've been wanting to buy these for a long time and was not sure whether they'd be worth the money. Now I'm thinking of giving them a shot!

    Thanks.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig