Thursday 14 February 2013

Review: Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Caudalie Beauty Elixir | 30ml £10.35, 100ml £28.80
Available from Feel Unique

All of us cave and fall for hyped products at some point or another, it's just one of those things when it seems that everybody is raving about how amazing something is and how they 'can't live without it' then it seems crazy not to get yourself in on the action to see what all the fuss was about, and that's exactly what I did with this product. Sometimes the hype lives up, and sometimes it doesn't. The 'Beauty Elixir' from Caudalie is quite a controversial one, with the blogging community split probably 50:50 on whether or not this is worth the money.

So.. what is it supposed to do?
From Feel Unique: "Inspired by the 'elixir of youth' the Caudalie Beauty Elixir smoothes features, tightens pores, and gives the complexion a burst of radiance". An apparent favourite of Victoria Beckham this solution is intended to be an excellent base for make-up and an anti-dull complexion treatment.  There are a multitude of ways that this can be used: on a clean face for a freshen up, before moisturiser as a spray-on toner, inbetween foundation and powder to perfectly set make-up, or on top of a completed face during any point in the day for a radiance boost.

The main ingredients are: grape, orange blossom, rose, organic balm mint and rosemary to create a smoothed complexion, natural glow and radiance burst on the skin. The mint is the most detectable scent in this and it creates a gentle tingle upon application, but the mint combined with the scents of grape, rose and orange creates something really unique. It's not a scent to everybody's taste, and at first I wasn't sure if it was something I liked or not but as time went on I found it to be incredibly refreshing and calming at the same time and it became quite addictive.

So.. what do I think?
It has taken me quite a while to form an opinion on this, but I think the fact that I did repurchase it almost straight after finishing my first bottle shows that I do feel there is an element of worthiness with it. Spending £10 on 30ml of 'water' is not a decision to be taken lightly!! It's an odd one this because sometimes it feels like it's not actively doing anything to your skin, and there are no instantly visible benefits, it's just a spritz of tingly minty water onto your face.. yes, admit it, by using this that is all that you're really doing. But once you've tried it you'll understand how nice and refreshing it feels and there is no going back! It's strange to enjoy using something so very simple. This is the conclusion that I have come to: Is it worth the money? No, it is overpriced. Is it worth the hype? It's worth a little hype, not a huge hype. Would I repurchase again? If Feel Unique had a sale/discount code and I was feeling flush.. I would treat myself, yes.

I guess it's personal preference how you use this, but for me personally I like to give my face a couple of spritzes in the evening, after I've cleansed my face and before I apply night cream just before I hop into bed. It sits pretty on my bedside table, looking luxurious in it's frosted glass bottle with French writing it all over it, and I've found it to be the perfect night time treat to calm down my skin. Other times that I use this are if I've finished putting on my make-up and something just 'doesn't look right' still with my complexion, especially as I've got quite generally dull skin, I just close my eyes and spray once for that little something extra and I really enjoy using it. 

Is this 'Beauty Elixir' something that is in your life?
Have you ever been curious of the hype surrounding it?
Leave your opinions below!

14 comments:

  1. i absolutely love this definitely a staple piece in my skin care routine great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've repurchased this a couple of times but don't use it on a daily basis. It's a nice product, but I doubt I'd buy it again x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I would like to try this, I do love a face spritz and I bet it would be ideal for holidays as well! If it's good enough for VB it's good enough for me haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this!! I think I'll give it a miss after this review!Xx

    http://lucycole.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review lovely!! I've wanted to try this for a long time but like you say, its essentially just water in a bottle!! It sounds quite similar do the Avene Au Thermal Spray so if you're looking for a cheaper alternative definitely try that - its lovely!! You should try the Caudalie Cleansing Water too -
    Seriously amazing for removing makeup and SO refreshing!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's something I've always been interested in buying but never knew what it really did so thanks for clearing it up. I still think I may try it just the once! xx

    www.charissarae.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie, new follower here :-D Really like your blog and think you would be a great addition to our Aloha Friday Blog Hop. It is a great way to meet other bloggers, get some exposure for your blog and find new readers and followers. Feel free to stop by anytime and join us :-D Happy Valentines Day !

    xoxo Pakize (Keke)

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really want to try this elixir!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here


    ReplyDelete
  9. I had such a love hate relationship with this when i started using it but once it ran out I realised how much I missed it!

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not massive on this stuff but I have petty sensitive skin! good review though :) x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutley love the idea of this product it's just the price scares me! Haha xx

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. No way the price has gone up that much? I've purchased mine from Boots two or three years ago and I'm pretty sure I've paid £21. Sure, that's not cheap as well but £29 is ridiculous. I'm about to review this as well as I've used this a lot in the past few weeks! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all so much for visiting Cosmetic Crave, and thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single comment that is left and I do try my best to reply to comments (I'll admit I'm not the best for keeping on top of this). If you leave a comment with a direct and specific question I will often use Twitter to respond to you so I know you see it.
Thanks!

Minimal Blogger Templates from pipdig